Friday, May 29, 2015

2015 Mothers Day Cards

I made cards for the Moms I have in my life! Thought I'd share them with you, even though I don't have step by step instructions. They are pretty basic cards anyway. Hopefully, you may get a little  inspiration from them.

1st card
The above card was made for my lovely Mom. I used spellbinders rectangle dies and a die from My Creative for the flowers. The foliage was made with a punch from Fiskars. The stamp is a old favorite of mine, it's a single wood block stamp. I just love the fourishy font!


2nd card
This card was made for my wonderful Mom in Law. I used a beautiful wood stamp with a humming bird and flowers from INKADINKADO. I stamped it with a very light gray stamp pad, so the lines would be very faint. I  then watercolored it with my Tim Holtz distress markers. I cut and layered it with Spellbinders Labels Ten dies. it's difficult to see but I used a glitter cardstock for the bottom layer. I used glossy accents to make little water droplets on the flowers. The foliage on the card was the same punch from Fiskars. The stamped greeting and tag is from My Creative Time. 



3rd card


This card was for my sweet daughter. I seldom use this color combination but I really liked it once I got everything put together! All the dies and stamps I used were from My Creative Time. I first embossed the ovals with a 6X6 butterfly folder. Then the heads of the flowers were watercolored with abandoned coral ink and the leaves with mowed lawn ink. The center of the flowers were colored with gathered twigs ink, then I applied Glossy Accents over it. 

I'm entering my 1st card into the challenge below;
Fashionable Stamping - Challenge #98 - Old Favourites/ For my 1st card

Im entering my 1st card into the challenge below;
Beyond Grey Challenges#68 May - Make Your Own Embellishments

I'm entering my 2nd card into the challenge below;
Fantasy Stampers - Challenge #37 - Wings and Things/ For my 2nd card


I'm entering my 3rd card into the challenge below;
A Gem of A Challenge #145 - Flowers

I'm entering my 3rd card into the challenge below;
 Come and Get It Challenges - Tic Tac Toe/ For my 3rd card-1. die cut 2.sentiment 3. flowers








8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards! Love the beautiful flowers .
    Thanks for playing along with us at BGC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much! I'm very new at joining challenges, I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous selection of cards. I love the designs and beautiful colours.
    Thank you for taking part in a Gem of A Challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sue! I appreciate the sweet comment.

      Delete
  3. All your cards are designed beautifully! Thank you for entering the first one at FSC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards, Pamela - I love the humming bird stamp and it's just perfect for our challenge at Fantasy Stampers, thanx for playing along.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - love the colouring on the second card.

    Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful! I like your flowers and colouring.
    Thank you for playing along at BGC!

    ReplyDelete